The Casting Frontier Privacy Notice
The Casting Frontier recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others who use www.thecastingfrontier.com or other web sites owned or operated by The Casting Frontier (collectively or individually "Users") value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on The Casting Frontier Sites. The Casting Frontier provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using The Casting Frontier Sites.
Please note that any video, image, or other content posted at the direction of Users onto The Casting Frontier Sites becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Privacy Notice.
Information Collected The Casting Frontier
* User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to The Casting Frontier when choosing to participate in various activities on The Casting Frontier Sites such as uploading casting videos, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
* Cookies Information: When you visit The Casting Frontier Sites, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. The Casting Frontier uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of The Casting Frontier Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
* Log File Information: When you use The Casting Frontier Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
* Clear GIFs Information: When you use The Casting Frontier Sites, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
The Way The Casting Frontier Uses Information
* If you submit personally identifiable information to us through The Casting Frontier Sites, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of The Casting Frontier Sites.
* Any personal information, pictures, text or video content that you voluntarily disclose online becomes publicly available only through The Casting Frontier network. Any videos, pictures or text that you submit to The Casting Frontier Sites may be redistributed through the Internet , and may be viewed by Casting Professionals, their affiliates and clients.
* We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Casting Frontier Site changes or for customer service purposes).
* We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, click stream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of The Casting Frontier Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
Information Disclosure By The Casting Frontier Discloses
* We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on The Casting Frontier Sites.
* We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
Any payment processed on The Casting Frontierâ€™s Website is done through a third party vendor. You may contact Authorize.net for inquiries and or disputes regarding payment processing.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Please contact The Casting Frontier with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices using this contact form.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
Our Commitment To Data Security
The Casting Frontier uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to The Casting Frontier and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, The Casting Frontier makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If The Casting Frontier learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. The Casting Frontier may post a notice on The Casting Frontier Sites if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using this contact form.
Our Commitment To Childrenâ€™s' Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, The Casting Frontier does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on The Casting Frontier Sites from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13 without the express consent of a parent or legal guardian. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access The Casting Frontier Sites at any time or in any manner without the express consent of your parents or legal guardian. If The Casting Frontier learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on The Casting Frontier Sites without verified parental consent, then The Casting Frontier will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that The Casting Frontier is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the "effective date" below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of The Casting Frontier Sites constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Date Last Modified:
This Privacy Notice was last modified September 14, 2007.
Please contact The Casting Frontier with any questions or comments about this Privacy at P.O. Box 291441 Los Angeles, CA 90029.